1. For me, breakfast usually consists of a bagel and cream cheese. And I wait until about 10AM to eat it, mostly to avoid eating a mid-morning snack. What do you like to eat for breakfast? Do you even eat breakfast?
I usually have a cereal bar of some kind for breakfast during the week, and I eat it once I get into work. On weekends, we tend to eat out, wherein we go to a place that has a huge variety of food, so I will get eggs or pancakes or waffles or some combination thereof.
But I do love cereal, even though I don't eat it much anymore.
2. Back in 1990, I worked at a radio station in the Promotions Department. Our office was directly below the DJ booth. One day there was this thundering bass booming from upstairs. It was just a huge booming sound, with an amazing beat. My manager and I bolted out of the office and up the stairs to the production room. When we opened the door I was smacked in the body by a wall of sound. What I heard reminded me of "Super Freak" but the bass was thumping like I'd never heard before. Then the vocals began, it was a "rap" I would never forget: "My, my, my music hits me so hard, makes me say 'Oh, My Lord, thank you for blessin' me, with a mind to rhyme and two hyped feet.'" The song was MC Hammer's "U Can't Touch This" and it blew my mind. What was the song that "blew your mind" and is etched in your brain forever? Recall the moment and why it remains in your mind.
No clue. I don't tend to have those kind of moments about music, usually because I'm doing a number of different things as I listen to it.
3. Do you like to gamble? Have you ever won (or lost) big?
We play the lottery on occasion, and we went to Las Vegas last year. I had fun with the slots and Blackjack, though I won more at the slots than cards. I won/saved enough to buy us a PS2 when we got home, so I'd say that was big enough.
4. Some people find comfort for their troubled mind in food. Others find it in music or books. What do you turn to for comfort when you are troubled or worried?
When I'm stressed, I don't eat. Neither does Lou. I usually veg out in front of the TV or online, or talk with Lou if I'm really upset. But I don't get stressed very often, thankfully.
5. When was the last time you felt apathetic? What was it about?
I'm beginning to feel apathetic about blogging. But I think that's just a winter slump!
6. I just read that Google bought Pyra Labs (Blogger.com). Although Blogging was going "mainstream" before this, it most certainly will now have greater exposure, and one assumes, bring us even more Bloggers. Is this a good thing?
What worries me more is AOL and blogging. I could care less about Google buying Pyra, since I don't use them anymore.
7. What did you do with all your freetime before you blogged?*
Read. Watched TV. Basically most of the same stuff I do now.